A website that pleases its visitors pleases Google and a high quality, search engine optimized website and closing business goes hand-in-hand. You already offer great customer service, have an excellent business model and every reason to be generating profit – you should be getting all the sales you want. If you’re not, you most likely need help with your SEO (Search Engine Optimization).
A website that is properly optimized for SEO opens up a whole new world of possibilities. It will save you money that is traditionally spent on advertising and save you time that you are currently spending on promotion. Most importantly it will start driving highly qualified leads that convert into new sales for your business.
If your website appeared on the first page of Google’s search results, it would be a consistent source of new leads.
List of SEO Tasks
- Create unique, accurate page titles to show in the search results - to accurately describe the page’s content, create unique title tags for each page, and use brief, but descriptive titles.
- Make use of the “description” meta tag - Unique summaries should be defined for each page to accurately summarize the page’s content.
- Improve the structure of your URLs - Use words in URL, create a simple directory structure, and provide one version of a URL to reach a document.
- Make your site easier to navigate - Create a naturally flowing hierarchy, use mostly text for navigation, put an HTML site map page on your site, and use an XML Sitemap file, and have a useful 404 page.
- Offer quality content and services - by writing easy-to-read text, staying organized around the topic, creating fresh, unique content, creating content primarily for your users, not
- Write better anchor text - Choose descriptive text, write concise text, format links so they’re easy to spot, and think about anchor text for internal links too.
- Optimize your use of images - Use brief, but descriptive filenames and alt text, supply alt text when using images as links, and supply an Image Sitemap file.
- Use heading tags appropriately - Imagine you’re writing an outline and use headings sparingly across the page
- Make effective use of robots.txt - Restrict crawling where it’s not needed
with robots.txt and use more secure methods for sensitive content.
- Be aware of rel=”nofollow” for links - Combat comment spam with “nofollow” and automatically add “nofollow” to comment columns and message boards.
- Notify Google of mobile sites - Configure mobile sites so that they can be
indexed accurately, verify that your mobile site is indexed by Google, and verify that Google can recognize your mobile URLs.
- Guide mobile users accurately - Running desktop and mobile versions of
your site, redirect mobile users to the correct version, and switch content based on User-agent.
- Promote your website in the right ways - Increasing backlinks with an
intention to increase the value of the site, master making announcements via blogs and being recognized online, know about social media sites and reach out to those in your site’s related community.
- Make use of free webmaster tools - Make Googlebot crawling smoother by using Webmaster Tools and high-level analysis is possible via Google Analytics and Website Optimizer.
List of SEO Tools
This are the tools I’ve run across and used in my time. They are high quality and will do the job.
- Google Keyword Tool
- Google Trends
- Google Insights
- Microsoft Ad Intelligence
- Yahoo Clues
- Market Samurai
- SEO Book Keyword Suggestion Tool
- Authority Labs
- SEO Prolifer
- Word Tracker
- Mint Data
- Wikipedia Article Traffic Stats
- SERP Analytics
Synonym / Alternate Keywords
- Yahoo Site explorer
- Google Webmaster Tools
- Open Site Explorer – SEOmoz
- Link Diagnosis
- SEO Doctor
- Link Search Tool | Solo SEO
- Majestic SEO